I was recently asked on Quora for my thoughts as a social conservative. Being a libertarian my answer was more or less that as long as I am afforded the freedom to disagree and openly criticize actions I consider to be immoral then I don’t mind affording others the ability to live in immoral (and irresponsible) ways.
As part of my answer I mentioned the oppression of natural marriage proponents by homosexuals and was subsequently asked to provide evidence to substantiate my claim.
Here is my answer.
The issue is how, in the quest for normalization/affirmation, “gay rights” will result in oppressive laws/regimes like the Human/Homosexual Rights Commission of Canada.
Redefining marriage will certainly affect how everyone thinks about marriage and statistical data shows that in countries where marriage has been redefined to mean nothing more than two people posessing strong feelings for one another, the number of people who get married and stay married are dismal at best.
Of course the redefinition of marriage is not the only cause behind the decline of the institution of marriage, it was already sick as evidenced by the prominance of sexual promiscuity and high divorce rates. But redefining marriage in an attempt to divorce it from its biological moorings is like adding a new sickness on already diseased animal.
As for the oppression that forced normalization/acceptance of homosexuality brings, I submit the following list as examples of what is becoming known as “homo-fascism”, a term I find quite apt and not the least bit ironic.
Please note as well that these are actual cases that have already happened, this is not a “slippery slope” hypothetical scenario. The politically corerect ship of homosexual persecution has already sailed.
- Couple faces legal action for refusing to rent a room to a homosexual couple
- Couple lose ability to provide foster care for refusing to affirm homosexuality Bonus: The courts official ruling is that their religious beliefs are trumped by gay rights (the right not to be offended?)
- Prop 8 supporters harassed
- Counseling student prevented from graduating and ordered to receive mandatory sensitivity training
- Schoolboy suspended merely for disagreeing with homosexuality (Cant have this sort of bullying going on now can we?)
- Paypal refuses to process donations to groups that don’t affirm homosexuality
- Paypal freezes the funds of people who don’t support homosexuality
- Apple removes Manhattan Deceleration from its store
- Apple removes Exodus Internal application from its store
- Forced sensitivity training for Toronto school children
- A collection of offenses
- San Diego firefighters forced to participate in gay pide parade
- Florida teacher suspended for disagreeing with gay marriage on personal Facebook page
- Ireland considers law to force clergy to perform gay marriages
- Eastern Michigan Student kicked out for refusing to affirm homosexuality (she later won her case)
- Pastor convicted of hate speech because he refused to affirm homosexuality
- The entire US Army forced to undergo and affirm homosexuality
- Deleted Wikipedia page on Homofascism with a few examples
- California school district forced to affirm homosexuality
- Marine reporter fired for not affirming homosexuality
- Contractor fired for personal views on homosexuality
- Olympic athlete forced to resign because he committed the despicable crime of supporting proposition 8
- Various ways the “it gets better” campaign founder, Dan Savage, has oppressed various people for failing to affirm homosexuality
- Google removes links to sites that aren’t gay-friendly enough
- USDA considering mandatory homosexual affirmation courses
- Another example of students being forced to affirm homosexuality (and parents being stripped of any voice in the matter)
- Businessman saddled with court costs for failing to affirm homosexuality
- Elderly harassed by police for disagreeing with homosexuality
- Shop owner in the UK forbidden from displaying Bible verses because it doesn’t affirm homosexuality
- National Post apologizes for running a pro-family ad, promises to donate the money from the ad to pro-homosexual (read: anti-family) groups
- Christian hit with 40% paycut after failing to affirm homosexuality.
- Man demoted for not affirming same sex marriage.
- Toronto schools force all children to affirm homosexuality
I’ll add more as time permits, but this should prove ample evidence that homosexual fascism is not a myth as the most popular entry in the Urban Dictionary maintains but a real problem that needs to be addressed by the homosexual community if they want non-homosexuals to tolerate their views. And please note that I am using tolerance in the way it is supposed to be used here meaning someone who disagrees with homosexuals but who doesn’t want to infringe on their right to destroy their bodies as they see fit through their unnatural sexual preferences.
So it seems that the topmost rated definition of “homofascism” on the urban dictionary which is blatently false. Homo-fascism is not overwrought or hysterical. Its a real and growing trend.